- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Hover over your username, then click Edit My Profile.
- Scroll down and type your New Password.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Update Profile.
How to Reset Your WordPress Password from the WordPress Login Screen
- Go to your WordPress Login screen.
- Click Lost Your Password?
- Enter the email address associated with your WordPress login.
- Click Reset Password.
- An email is sent to the email address you entered. Click on the confirmation link inside that email.
- Type in a New Password.
- Click Save.
How to Reset Your WordPress Password Through phpMyAdmin
Important: Caution is recommended when using this method to reset your password. It is a good idea to backup your database before making any changes through phpMyAdmin. Note that neither 60 labs nor WordPress are responsible for any issues that occur as a result of you making manual changes to your database.
- Log into your Control Panel.
- Go to MySQL Database.
- Select the database associated with your WordPress website (skip this step if you only have one database).
- Click Access phpMyAdmin.
- Locate and click on the Users table in the left column.
- Click Browse.
- Click Edit for the WordPress user you want to modify.
- Change the Function for user_pass to MD5.
- Change the Value for user_pass to your desired new password.
- Click Go.